Monday, April 22, 2013

* ~ Monday Night Meatballs ~ *

 It is Monday again which means Pizza Night!!!!!! Last week I demonstrated how to make pizza dough. If you missed out, you can check it out here!

It was a long weekend filled with great friends, food and fun. My sister had a huge Fiesta Party on Saturday, then it was David's Niece's 2nd Birthday Party on Sunday. There were a lot of people there playing washers, eating great food and just hanging out.

David's adorable niece  was born on Earth Day!! Earth Day fell on a Monday this year so we all gathered at Grandma and Grandpas house to celebrate. David's sister made a delicious homemade carrot, pineapple and maple cake. And I made a homemade vanilla custard to go with it. It was incredibly delicious!!! 

I absolutely love homemade cakes!!! I used to hate cake at Birthday parties, because it was always the cheap store bought cakes filled with a ridiculous amount of sugar and other things that I probably can't even pronounce. But this cake was delightful, and the vanilla custard was a perfect pairing.

Any who.......so yes, I had to ramble about the busy weekend, but today I am just happy to go home and have a quiet pizza night with the boyfriend. Laziness at last!!!

Somehow I managed to whip up some homemade meatballs yesterday evening. One of my favorite pizzas at a local pizza joint is their meatball pizza. So I thought it would be a great addition to our pizza night if I made some meatballs!!  Very excited to try this out at home!

Here is what I had on hand to put in the meatballs:

 
















  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 medium onion, diced finely
  • 3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
  • 1 large egg
  • 5 - 6 fresh basil leaves
  • 3 sprigs of fresh thyme leaves removed
  • 1 large sprig of fresh oregano leaves removed
  • salt and pepper to taste

  1. In a large bowl combine all ingredients
  2. Mix and roll into meatballs
  3. Heat an oven safe skillet with a little olive oil 
  4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees 

5. Brown the meatballs in the skillet, rotate meatballs and cook about 1 minute on each side until brown
 6. Cover the meatballs and place in the preheated oven
 7. Bake meatballs for about 15 - 20 minutes until cooked thoroughly
8. Take the meatballs out of the oven and enjoy or save for a future recipe

Then came the Pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sliced the leftover meatballs thin, kinda like a pepperoni slice.
Gathered the pizza toppings I wanted. Fresh basil, oregano and green olives!

Enjoy!
Peace.Love.Lauryn

No comments:

Post a Comment