Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Insanity Week 2 & Other Happenings

I completed week 1!!!!!

It is Monday again and I am still on track with Insanity.  This is a big deal for me, because I stuck with it. I love that this is a two month program so I feel like I don't have to wait a year or more for results. It is short and sweet, which when you are working out is a blessing in itself for people that don't like to work out.

Like I said in the first week post, this is a difficult workout. You go at it as hard as you can, without killing yourself of course, and stick with it each and every day.

Since I have begun Insanity a few of my friends have asked about it and said they want to start it too! I can't wait to hear what they think.



My cardio has definitely gotten better and I am sore each and every day. Right after I complete the workouts I am incredibly exhausted, but once I shower and get ready to cook dinner I feel energized and excited that I did such a great workout that day.

The main things are to:
-  stick with the program
- do the workouts on the schedule
-  give it all you've got!!

I printed out the schedule and taped it up so that I can reference it easily. I have been crossing out each day and writing down comments on how I felt during that workout on that particular day. Mostly I am just trying to stay focused and motivated.


Also remember what you are putting into your body. It is ok to splurge every once in awhile, but don't get too carried away. Fried foods and desserts are not good for you if you are eating them all day everyday.



I have been focusing on eating more protein like greek yogurt with berries and granola for breakfast. Eating less carbs and adding a lot of extra fruits and veggies in my lunches and dinners whether I eat them as side dishes or for snacks throughout the day.



Also, when I go to the farmer's market I have been looking for veggies that I don't eat very often that I would really like try or eat more of. This weekend I bought a huge bag of arugula, a spaghetti squash, a butternut squash and lots of tomatoes big and small for snacks and salads.



I haven't noticed any weight loss yet, but with how much I sweat during a workout, it wont be long before I do start to notice.

I do have an increased amount of energy and my mood is definitely better. Overall I like where this is going and I am excited to continue the program.

If you have any thoughts on this or have tried the program yourself, please feel free to leave any helpful tips or comments on what your experience was like.


Weekend Activities & Monday:


I also got to go downtown and see my friends for a show this past weekend. It is always nice to see my sister and hang out with great people.



We also had David's niece's 12th Birthday party this weekend. It was a pool party so I was excited to finally go swimming this summer. Plus there was a piñata!!



Also Monday's at our house usually mean pizza night! There is nothing better after a dreaded Monday then pizza. 




Peace.Love.Lauryn

No comments:

Post a Comment