Thursday, July 11, 2013

~ Cilantro Lime Hummus ~

The hummus among us!!! ha ha. Feeling quirky today.








Anywho....

It is hummus time again my friends. I have concocted a cilantro lime hummus that was just too irrestistible not to share.


One of my favorite all time flavors is cilantro. It is always readily available at super markets and farmer's markets alike. Plus you can get a whole bunch of it for really cheap! That is always a plus. I usually store my cilantro in a water filled mason jar in the fridge. Apparently this keeps it fresh for longer. Just make sure you change out the water every once in a while.

So here is the cilantro hummus I made.



You will need:

- 1 can garbanzo beans / chickpeas
- 3 heaping Tbsp Tahini
- 4 heaping Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- juice from 2 limes
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1tsp salt or more if you like
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- dash of cayenne pepper (or add some fresh jalapeno) *optional










I start off by draining the garbanzo beans and adding them into the food processor. Next I add the tahini, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, salt,  cumin and 1 shake of cayenne pepper. I blend this for a little while until it reaches a paste consistency, then I start adding the olive oil while blending until it reaches the consistency I like. Some people prefer chunky hummus compared to a smooth hummus. So add the olive oil until it reaches the consistency YOU like. Add additional cilantro, cumin salt and/or cayenne as you go along. Remember, you are making this at home so you can adjust it to meet your preferences. Always start with the basics then add as you see fit.

I am sooo in love with this hummus! I have never tried a cilantro hummus before, as they ones they sell in the supermarkets are pretty basic.



Hope you guys enjoy it!

You can check out some of my other hummus recipes here:
Roasted Lemon & White Bean Hummus


Peace.Love.Lauryn


No comments:

Post a Comment