Friday, July 5, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich

As promised in my "A Week in Review" post, today I am sharing this awesome buffalo chicken sandwhich recipe.



Love buffalo wings, but maybe you are craving a sandwich? The buffalo chicken sandwich to the rescue!!!

We are big fans of the buffalo chicken sandwich. If we see it at a cafe, one of us is likely to order it.

Essentially its just a piece of fried chicken breast dipped into buffalo sauce and placed on a hamburger bun.

Here is how I made it at home:

I used two pieces of chicken breast since there were only two of us. Pounded them in a plastic zip-lock bag until they were about 3/4 to 1 inch thick. This will flatten the chicken and tenderize it.

Then I marinaded the chicken in a seasoned buttermilk mixture. I didn't have buttermilk so I put 1 Tbsp of white vinegar into a measuring cup and then filled the measuring cup with milk until it reached the 1 cup line. I seasoned the milk/vinegar mixture with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and franks hot sauce. Just a shake of each into your milk mixture and that should do it. Marinate for at least 8 hours or overnight.



When you get ready to fry the chicken breast, fill a large flat fry pan with about 1-2 inches of oil, I used peanut oil. Use a fry thermometer to know what temperature you are heating the oil to. Once it reaches 350 degrees you are ready to fry.



While the oil is heating up, place about 1/3 cup of flour into a large dish and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and even some cayenne pepper if you like. (you can really use any seasonings. Get creative with it!!)








Once the oil is ready, take the chicken out of the buttermilk and dip into the flour mixture. Once chicken pieces are coated, place them into the hot oil. Be careful as it may splatter!! You will want to cook the chicken pieces about 7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the middle.





While chicken is cooking, take a few tablespoons of butter and melt in a sauce pan. Then add 1/2 cup of  Frank's hot sauce, or any other hot sauce you like.

Once chicken is done frying, dip into the butter/hot sauce mix and your buffalo chicken is ready!!!!



Place on a bun for a sandwich, or use for a buffalo chicken salad. Anyway you eat it, it's going to be delicious!!!



Peace.Love.Lauryn

**Sorry there are no real measurements on here, but I rarely measure when I cook. I kind of just go for it, because I know what I like and my optimal goal is it make it taste good!! Always cook by taste to ensure you get a good quality product.**


No comments:

Post a Comment