Sunday, August 25, 2013

CURRENTLY...

Today is my Birthday so it seems fitting to do a little self-reflection of what is going on in my life right now. 


  • Celebrating...  1 Month + 2 weeks done on my Insanity workouts! Hooray!!! Lost an estimated 9-10 lbs. Hopefully I can keep this up for Month 2. I am also celebrating my Birthday (as mentioned above) and all I want is to enjoy an ice cold beer (Shiner is my preference).
  • Reading...   a lot of blogs. No books at the moment, but I need to catch up on my Chuck Palahniuk collection (last one was Tell All back in 2010) and once Dexter is over I will start reading the series as well. It was too difficult for me to get into the books while the show was on TV. They we're too different from one another and I didn't want to confuse myself. 
  • Listening... to Happy Body Slow Brain's Dreams of Water. It is an amazing album and the vinyl package is the most interesting packaging I have EVER seen! Also went to see O'Brother in Austin on Sunday 8/18/13 and Stolas/Strawberry Girls/Native in San Antonio on Friday 8/16/13.
  • Watching...  Breaking Bad. It is the final 8 episodes of the series and I have loved every minute of it from the very beginning. I would have to say it is the most clever, well thought out television show in the history of television shows. Well done Vince Gilligan.
  • Making...  Ice Cream and Popsicles galore!! My favorite this summer was a Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. Delicious!!! I have been shopping a lot at the Farmer's Market and hope to continue that tradition for as long as it is around.
  • Loving...  Spending time at home and hanging out at the pool with family. I have only been in the pool twice this summer, and loved every minute of it! I am a total home body and would rather stay in and watch movies than go out to a bar or an event. I love a good movie and tend to be lazy.
  • Wanting... the Summer to be over already! I am a fall/winter kinda of gal and this Texas heat is brutal. I am sooo ready for fall. I want to wear boots, and jackets, and scarves, and layers...oh my! I also can't wait to start experimenting with fall flavors like pumpkin, apples and spices. I am excited to see what kind of seasonal veggies my local market has to offer. 

Peace.Love.Lauryn

No comments:

Post a Comment