Sunday, May 5, 2013

~ Homemade Basil Pesto ~

Fragrant, fresh and delicious basil!


My little basil plant has grown exponentially and I needed to use it to keep the plant productive and healthy. I have never made pesto sauce before so I did have to look it up. I used the recipe below.

Recipe courtesy of Food Network.

Basil Pesto

  • 2 cups compact fresh basil leaves
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1/4 cup pine nuts
  • 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup parmesean cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste

Using a food processor. Process the basil leaves, garlic and pine nuts together until finely chopped.

Then add 1/2 of the olive oil and process again.

 Then add cheese and the remaining half of the oil. Process and add salt and pepper to taste.

You can store the pesto in the fridge for about a week. Check out the 50 Things to Make with Pesto.

I decided to use it with pasta as a side dish for some baked chicken. It was incredibly tasty!!

Enjoy!
Peace.Love.Lauryn

No comments:

Post a Comment