Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goals for the Year Twenty Fourteen


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!



We got a lot of good things out of 2013. I'm kinda sad to see it go, but there is much to look forward to in this new year. Already we have a new niece or nephew coming this year, some of our good friends are getting married, lots of new music albums, record pressings and shows to look forward to as well.  So I put together a little list of things that I would like to accomplish this year.




#1: Paint the living room. Once we get the living room painted we can work on getting rid of our carpet. Every year we take on a room or two to re-do. This is the year of the living room. I have big plans for it, and I can't wait to see how it will turn out. 



#2: Keep working out. This past year I did the insanity challenge and lost about 10 - 15 pounds. I hope to continue to work out and stay in shape. Currently the T25 workouts are keeping me on track. I love that it's only 25 minutes. I can do it real quick when I get home from work and still have time to shower, make dinner and still enjoy my evening. 




#3: Try new things. No matter how much you think David will hate something, you should try it anyway. Get creative with it. ( I plan on making a lot of recipes out of the cookbook I got for Christmas, Kitchen Revelry by Ali Larter. I heard about this book on a Dinning with Doug and Karen podcast I was listening to. It got great reviews and the recipes sounded interesting, but simple and easy at the same time. Plus it will give me a reason to host dinner parties for friends and family this year! :)



#4: More date nights. We spend a lot of time together, but I really love when we get a little "date night".  A special dinner at home or going to try a new restaurant should happen at least once a month and not just a few times a year. Make it happen!!



#5: Travel somewhere new. We always take our annual vacation to Omaha for the College World Series. Last year we went to Dallas and Houston for shows. This year I hope we can take a few more trips. California and Colorado are both on our must visit lists. 

It is a new year to learn and grow. Already I am feeling better about saying goodbye to 2013 and saying hello to a whole new year!

Peace.Love.Lauryn

No comments:

Post a Comment