Tuesday, December 3, 2013

DIY - Advent Calendar






















One of my favorite memories about living in Germany when I was younger was the advent calendar in December. Every year my German teacher would have one in the classroom, and she would choose a different student each day to open up the little paper window and eat the chocolate. It was also fun counting down the days, but as a kid the candy is most important. Once we moved back to the states the tradition continued and every year I would beg my parents to get one for my sister and I, and once I moved out on my own I would continue to purchase an advent calendar each December. This year I decided it would be better to make my own that I can keep year after year. There are tons of tutorials online and all over pinterest. Here are some of my favorites.








So I used these as inspiration to create my own. I went to the craft store and found some little white boxes in the wedding section and picked out a few sheets of decorative scrapbook paper. I also found these great little printables from papermoonillustration.com 


So I cut, pasted, painted and assembled all 25 of the little boxes and bags. Earlier that day we went to the store and picked out the candy we wanted for the calendar. I found the stick in the backyard and tied each of the bags and boxes to it. Needless to say, I think it turned out great. It was very time consuming, but worth it in the end. Let the countdown begin!!

*Note: My pictures were taken from an iPhone. Sorry for the poor quality of some of these. 







Peace.Love.Lauryn


1 comment:

  1. I have way, way, way too many advent calendars going on in my house right now. Is it bad that I still have not even stuffed one of them? That first picture is amazing! I must stop buying advents!

    Thank you for the pretty pictures!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete