Saturday, September 21, 2013

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies




Wow! That title sure is a mouth full, but these cookies are some of the best cookies I have ever made! David and I have different tastes when it comes to almost everything, and this cookie conquers all as far as the both of us are concerned. The peanut buttery saltiness, the hearty oats and of course the chocolate combine to make our ultimate chocolate chip cookie. 





I found these cute little mini chips while out shopping this weekend, and I just had to make some cookies to put them in. I stumbled across this recipe by Michelle at Brown Eyed Baker. In case you haven't heard of Michelle, I highly recommend you check out her recipes. She is my go to when it comes to sweets. Her recipe index is endless!!

I loved this recipe for its simple ingredients and how quickly everything came together. In about 30 minutes or less, these cookies were ready to be devoured. 

Now of course, I did not come up with this recipe.  Here is the direct link. 

I felt like I needed to post this recipe because it is so good. Sometimes it is hard to find REALLY good cookie recipes. They are all so different. Some are healthy, gluten free and/or raw, but I prefer the cookies that are primarily butter and sugar. That always seems to make a really good legit cookie. Which these definitely are! They have a peanut butter cookie like texture which is crispy yet very tender, and then you hit the oatmeal and chocolate chip which is my personal favorite. So incredibly good!!



The next day we had some friends over and made ice cream sandwiches with the cookie butter ice cream we made. They loved it, but who doesn't love homemade cookie ice cream sandwiches?!? By far my favorite thing about cooking is sharing it with others, so I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!


Peace.Love.Lauryn

No comments:

Post a Comment