Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Fresh Fruit Popsicles




This past weekend I pulled out my POPS!: Icy Treats for Everyone recipe book and made some fresh fruit Popsicles. These popsicles are serious deliciousness.



I had some kiwis, strawberries and a peach on hand so I used all three.







The ingredients are simple, which for me is the most important thing.

You will need:
- 3 cups of sliced fruit ( I had 3 different fruits so I used 1 cup of each)
- 3/4 cup fresh lime, lemon or a mix of both juices (whatever you have on hand)
- 1 cup water & 1 cup sugar to make simple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups water

*makes six 8 oz pops or eight 6oz pops

In a saucepan over medium heat combine the 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Heat & stir until all sugar is dissolved into the water. Once dissolved, take pan off heat and place in refrigerator.



Slice each fruit and put them in separate containers, then add 1/4 cup of lemon-lime juice and use an immersion blender, food processor or blender to puree the fruit.



Divide the simple syrup and water equally between each cup of fruit and process again.



Pour each of your fruit mixtures into the popsicle molds, add the stick and freeze for at least 6 hours. Viola!



You can layer the flavors by pouring in half of the juice, freezing for about 45 minutes and then carefully adding a second flavor to fill the mold. I also added in fresh fruit pieces for texture and aesthetics.



I have been rewarding myself after the Insanity workouts with these yummy popsicles.


Still I was very pleased with how these turned out. We even used some of the leftover fruit purees to put in our cocktails one night. So good!!

While searching for some more healthy and protein packed popsicles for post workout snacks, I came across this these interesting recipes. Definitely going to have to try some greek yogurt and chocolate peanut butter pops very soon!

Peace.Love.Lauryn

No comments:

Post a Comment